Latest Feature Offerings of my Facebook Gateway to Great English
December 17, 2016
Dear Fellow Writer,
This is simply to remind you of the new and more current, more interactive, and more convenient entry point I have created for Jose Carillo’s English Forum. It’s through my reformatted Gateway to Great English on Facebook, which you can access easily by clicking the indicated link. (Alternatively, you can go to the Forum Homepage and click the Gateway’s Facebook badge.)
This new Forum Gateway provides running capsule introductions to the most interesting English grammar critiques and to the most thought-provoking readings in the Forum, both new and old, that you might have missed.
These are the latest feature offerings in the Forum Gateway now:
1. Three Readings You Wouldn’t Want to Miss: “So What Do We Do Now With All Those Tired, Time-Worn Clichés?”; “The Lovely Clichés Worth Keeping”; and “70 English Idiomatic Expressions Sometimes Bungled by Pinoys”
2. Christmas Specials on Video: “Louie Schwartzberg: Nature. Beauty. Gratitude” (for your repeat viewing this Christmas Season); and “A Kid’s View of the Christmas Story”
3. Personal Essays by Jose A. Carillo: “The Tree of Life”; and “So Now As It Was Then, This is the World in 854 Words”
4. Two Grammar and Writing LessonsYou Might Have Missed: “Deconstructing and Understanding Those Puzzling Elliptical Sentences”; and “Is ‘Hi!’ Proper to Begin a Job Application Letter?”
5. Two Book Readings You Might Have Missed: “A Loving, at Times Kooky Homage to a Master English Prose Stylist”; and “An Eye for Clarity, Simplicity, Brevity, and Humanity”
To get regular alerts and updates from this Gateway, register now as my friend on Facebook (if you haven’t done so yet). I look forward to seeing you at the Forum Gateway often!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!